“Lighthouse Disability staff are all amazingly dedicated and our family appreciate all that the team do.”
NDIS Application Process
1) Check your eligibility
There are a number of factors that impact whether you’re eligible for the NDIS. First step is to answer these questions and if you answer yes to all or some of these questions – you may be eligible for the NDIS,
- Are you aged between 7 and 65?
- Do you live in Australia and have Australian residency?
- Do you usually need support from a person because of a permanent and significant disability?
- Do you use special equipment because of a permanent and significant disability?
- Do you need some supports now to reduce your future needs?
Find out more information about eligibility on the NDIS website.
2) Submit an NDIS access request
If you have met the eligibility criteria for the NDIS, the next step is to submit an access request, which can be done by:
- Calling the NDIS on 1800 800 110 and ask to make an Access Request
- Complete and submit the Access Request Form and send by email to NAT@ndis.gov.au or
- Contact your local LAC or NDIA office.
If you need help filling in the form or making the call, you can contact your Local Area Coordinator or you can contact your local NDIA office.
3) Wait to hear back from the NDIA
The NDIA will get back to you whether your request was approved. They will also give you a date for your planning meeting.
4) Prepare for your planning meeting
People who are accepted by the NDIA will need to go into a planning meeting, ready to explain what they need to reach their goals and the support required.