Best Accessible Playgrounds in Adelaide
There are dozens of inclusive playgrounds throughout the state, providing opportunities for people with disability to play, explore, and connect with others. Here are some of our top pick if you have any more suggestions, please let us know.
Located in the north of Adelaide, this award-winning playground has numerous accessible features, including wide paths and ramps to all play areas. There is also:
- a wheelchair-accessible carousel,
- sand play area and;
- water play section.
This playground is located near Adelaide's CBD and offers an abundance of accessible features including:
- a wheelchair-accessible merry-go-round,
- a sensory garden,
- a sheltered area with a BBQ and;
- wheelchair-accessible picnic tables.
This inclusive playground is located in Modbury and offers an adventure playground with a wide range of accessible equipment, including:
- wheelchair-accessible swing,
- sensory play equipment and;
- plenty of picnic tables and seating options.
The Hendrie Street playground in Park Holme was the first all abilities playground in South Australia and provides a range of inclusive play equipment including:
- wheelchair accessible expression swing - where you can be sit face-to-face,
- wide and accessible platforms,
- sensory spaces and;
- an accessible carousel.
The Rymill Park Inclusive Playground in Adelaide is named after disability advocate Quentin Kenihan. It provides a range of inclusive play equipment for people all ages, including:
- mini in-ground trampolines which are also suitable for a wheelchair,
- a sound and sensory garden including musical instruments and equipment at the height a wheelchair user can access,,
- a sway swing that rocks
- a water pump, and a button presser for fountains, that are at the height a wheelchair user can use and;
- a carousel which wheelchairs can access.
The playgrounds mentioned above are some of the best accessible playgrounds in South Australia, providing a safe and inclusive environment for kids to play, explore, and create memories. However, we're sure there are many more. Let us know your favourite accessible playground.
Are you an NDIS participant? Are you looking for a plan manager you can count on?